The Kaskaskia Chapter of NSDAR is located in the Northshore area of greater Chicagoland, serving Winnetka, Wilmette, Glencoe, Kenilworth, Northfield, Northbrook, and Glenview as well as having members attending college and residing in other parts of Illinois and the country. The women of the DAR have a long history of patriotism and service to our country. Chapter DAR members currently support a variety of causes, including those related to veterans, active duty military, Wounded Warriors, Blinded Veterans, education, womens' issued, senior care, history/historic preservation, conservation, horticulture, ESL, animal welfare, and wildlife conservation. We also serve on various DAR committees including: Genealogical Records, Membership, Public Relations and Media, State youth essay and teacher awards, Americanism, The Flag of the United States of America, and Volunteer Information Specialists. We also enjoy building friendships and having fun! Find out more about the National and State DAR through the links provided below.
Kaskaskia's most current activities include working with the USO of Illinois, honoring Vietnam Veterans through support of Honor Flights, and discussions regarding David McCullough's book 1776 which will culminate with a review at the March Chapter meeting.
In addition Chapter members:
- Collected donations for PAWS and the Evanston Animal Shelter
- Gathered vases for Random Acts of Flowers in Evanston which were delivered filled with flowers to local cancer treatment centers
- Crafted no-sew blankets for active duty military through Soldier's Angels
- Sent thank you products to over one hundred veterans in 24 states as part of our ongoing "Sea to Shining Sea" campaign (Kaskaskia is a commemorative partner with the Department of Defense)
- Passed out commemoration pins to sixty other veterans including our first female Vietnam veteran
- Gifted over five hundred veterans and their families with holiday items as part of our annual Lovell FHCC HUD/VASH and TBI project
Our chapter welcomes you!
Interested in our chapter?
Please explore the "Membership" page from the top menu to learn more about eligibility requirements. We welcome women 18 and older regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background, who can prove lineal descent from a patriot of the American Revolution. We have resources within our chapter to assist you in determining your eligibility if you are new to genealogical research, or just need a little extra help.
*Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
This document was last modified on: .